Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Well I did it.  I have finally retired, and loving every minute of it.  The only thing I miss about my job is I used to have somewhere to go rest. (work)  It took some getting used to, not HAVING to go somewhere and clock in.  I have been busy, busy, busy.  My garden is flourishing, but I have got to learn to stop planting so much of one thing.  I'm overwhelmed with cucumbers.  Getting ready to try my hand at making pickles.


I am currently making blueberry syrup using an old strainer that belonged to my grandmother.  This strainer is at least 80 years old.  My daddy remembers using is as a small boy to drain juice off of canned tomatoes.  So blessed to have these "memories".


Wish me luck with my first endeavor of making pickles.....#scaredycat  I am opem to any and all tips or suggestions for successful canning.

No comments:

Post a Comment