Thursday, April 30, 2015

The Unstoppable Rose Bush

I have a rose bush in my yard that I cannot seem to kill.  I have tried on many occasions, much to the dismay of family and friends.  Why am I trying to kill it you ask?  Well it only blooms once a year, and then after that it just wants to take off and spread everywhere.  The stalks are as big as my thumb, and you can imagine how big the thorns are.  It is beautiful when it blooms, but.....


I have a beautiful iris that gets lost in the midst of all that overgrown rose bush.  Heavy sigh, guess I will keep trying to keep it under control and not kill it?  Until next time.....

3 comments:

  1. You could dig it up by the roots. Unless doing that would get the roots of your other plants as well. :/ But yes, very pretty when in bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Except that the root is probably bigger than me. No telling how old that rose bush is....love you!

    ReplyDelete