Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Gardening

I got my little garden in and it is doing great so far.  I covered it with a tarp because we are getting so much rain, with more on the way, and I didn't want it to drown.  I planted three types of onion, green beans, corn, squash cucumbers, tomatoes, potatoes, sweet potatoes, jalapeno peppers and a couple of strawberries in pots.  It was so exciting to see the seeds start growing, and it is exciting to see the changes in it everyday.  Got to get a rack for my new canner, so when the time comes.  Wish me luck.

All of the blueberries had lots of blossoms on them this year so hopefully that will be a good crop as well.  Now to scatter the moth balls to help control snakes and rats.  My cats love to go to the blueberry patch with me, and I love to have them.  They are added protection from the varmints.

Wish the rain would stop (we've had rain the last 5 days) so I can go out side and work. Rain has also put a hold on the chicken coop building as well.  Maybe I'll try my hand at some more sewing since I can't be in the garden.

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment