Friday, October 3, 2014

Working toward retirement

Well I only have a little over a year before I can retire my job of 20 years, and here is what I am working on for now....Hopefully when I get more product I can go to our local farmers market to sell my semi homemade salsa.  It's called Aunt Grandma's Chunky Salsa.  Had I known it was so easy peasy I would have been doing it a long time ago.  Been getting a lot of postive feedback on the finished product. 
Sterilizing lids and utensils......
Sterilizing the jars and funnel

The water bath.  I added a towel to the pot to keep the jars from hitting against each other.

My mama's pot that she used 50+ years ago to sterilize baby bottles.

Cooling and waiting for the pop that excites me so much.  My handy dandy jar lifter upper is new to me, and boy did it make it a lot easier!

The finished product. 

and this is ME right now.....until next time.


1 comment:

  1. Hehe, I like your Snoopy picture. :) And I love the labeling for your brittle and salsa.

    ReplyDelete